Saturday, August 11, 2012

Removing the Sink (Day 4)

I got a late start today, just couldn't keep from sleeping in. So let's see what we have to work with:


*Sigh* Okay, not really feeling it today- but lets get to work....

It didn't take much to get the rest of the cabinets out, actually I barely had to tug and they popped away from the wall. I took some time to get the hot/cold off the sink faucet, and then popped out the sink itself.
See how the sink just came right on out? I actually broke some of the PVC for the drain without even trying
Sorta bent it by accident! Not too bad, maybe I'll reuse it.

Now to take the facuet out and rip the rest of the cabnit off:

Boom. Simple. 


Okay now that we've got that cleared away it's time to start in on the rest of the walls. I know I need to get rid of a lot of the wood in this same area I've been working in. It seems to be where most of the water damage has been. With all those vent's I'm not surprised.

Okay so let's start tearing walls:
Not too hard. Woops, probably need to tear some of the ceiling as well:
Looks rough.

CRAP!

Okay see that picture there? That's what we call ROTTED wood. It's one of the main support beams right on the roof. You can just see where water has been coming in and leaking there. This is unsettling, I might have to go searching for more water damage now. Tear up the WHOLE wall system to get to these damn boards! DAMN IT! This sucks. Well the weather is starting to look like rain, and I need to go get ready for a Night Orienteering course...let's get all the insulation from the one wall section and call it a day.

From this:


To this:

Only spent 2 hours today. Sucked. Though I did make 4 bags of trash. I got out of there right as the first drops started. At this rate I'm never going to finish. Pissed off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment