So today I decided I was going to look for some more leaks, and make some serious decisions about where I want to go with this. I have to keep reminding myself that this WILL get done, and part of the reason for getting the trailer was to stop planning and start DOING the small living side of life. I've only given myself till Feburary to complete this, so I need to start setting priorities. The rotted wood? Well it's not so bad that the whole thing is going to fall apart. Instead I need to find the hot spots where the water is getting in- and prevent more damage. Other than that I'm going to leave the inside alone after today... I need to get this outside stuff done before it gets too cold. So let's get to work inside!
Here is where we left of
Okay, time to get some more insulation out. Let me tell you what- I need to get way more air masks...the stuff floating in the air is baddddd for you. I'm wearing one- but as they get soaked in sweat, it gets harder to breath. I'm going to get some of these wires out as well.
These are the wire cutter I was using. Most of the wiring is for 120v. NEVER gonna reuse it- so might as well get it out of the way. These cutters suck. Can't clip these big wires....no worries
These big clippers work much better.I could take someone's fingers off with them.
More wires, BE GONE!
Uhh okay, so I got distracted and pulled more wood off...I don't know what I'm thinking.
AHHH! ROTTED WOOD! I can see outside! WTF!
Ohh...okay this is outside- makes sense now.
Yeah I'm going to really need to take some time outside and reseal everything. Let's go looking for more leak hot spots:
Hard to see- but there is basically gunk around the sewer pipe- and nothing else. Definitely water getting in here. It needs a rubber gasket or something to seal it in better.
WOW! This is right next to the air conditioner
So what it looks like is that there has been serious leaking around the air conditioner for a long time. This is bad. The whole unit is going to have to come out- and a suitable cover found to go over top. The whole roof is in need of a nice rubber seal. It looks like someone did a crappy job before- that's the white stuff you can see coming in. I will have to do a much better job.
Now this is where the "couch" seats were. Obviously been some water damage here...though it's not as bad as it looks.
Originally I though I would take these out. Now that I've decided to throw away the crap particle board (craparticle board) I think these can be saved very simply. So they wont be going anywhere.
Okay that looks like all the big spots have been located. Time to clean up a bit more and call it a day.
Found a wasp nest (among other bugs) in the insulation, as well as a lot of this 'playdough' like substance. No idea what it is.
OH! One more thing. This is where the Fridge/Heat unit use to be
Wood is pretty messed up, probably from water leakage. I think I'll have to build a platform around it if I want to use it again. Otherwise it's not too bad.
Okay so I do still need to get a shop vac or something to clean out the inside a little better. I might wait on it till I finish with some of the roof items. It's going to be some tough calls- but I need to push hard on it so I can hopefully get the roof sealed before the end of September.
Feeling a lot better about it today, not quite so fatalistic.